Our friends at Pureharvest know a thing or two about delicious, healthy treats. Here are 3 top ice-cream recipes to keep you cool in the warmer months.
1. Vegan choc ice-cream
With only two ingredients, this vegan chocolate ice-cream is so simple to make and deliciously creamy. No refined sweeteners or dairy in sight, they are made with the goodness of organic coconut cream and Coco².
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 400 ml organic coconut cream
- 200 g Pureharvest Coco² Original
1. Chill the coconut cream in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
2. Without mixing the contents of the can, scoop out the cream part on top and place in a medium sized bowl. Leave the clear liquid for another use.
3. Add the 200g Coco² to the coconut cream and whisk until well combine, light and fluffy
4. Using a small spoon fill each paddle pop mould with the mixture. Gently tap on the counter to make sure there are no air pockets
5. Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight
Optional: coat with chopped roasted almonds or coconut
2. Granola & coconut yogurt popsicles
A healthy take on the traditional popsicle, these dairy free treats will be a hit among the kids and bigger kids.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 1/2 cups Granola
- 1 1/2 cups coconut yogurt
1. Prepare the granola. Alternatively you can use your favourite store bought granola if you are tight on time
2. Spoon 1 – 2 tablespoons of coconut yogurt into the bottom of your popsicle moulds
3. Sprinkle 1 – 2 tablespoons of granola on top of the yogurt
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have completely filled the popsicle moulds
5. Stick a wooden popsicle stick into each mould.
6. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
7. To remove the popsicles easily from the moulds run under hot water water so that they slide out easily.
3. Rhubarb & coconut ice-cream
Is sorbet more your thing? You’re in luck! The tangy rhubarb paired with coconut in this recipe is a match made in summer heaven.
- 1 bunch Rhubarb
- 2/3 cup Pureharvest Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 tbsp Water
- 400 ml Coconut cream
1. Remove the leaves and chop the rhubarb into small chunks
2. Place into a saucepan along with rice malt syrup and water
3. Cook on a medium-low heat for 10 – 15 minutes. Keep an eye on it and if it starts boiling reduce the heat to low
4. Remove from the heat and stir through the coconut cream
5. Pour into a freezer friendly container and freeze for least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
Read more …
Source: Women’s Health & Fitness Combined Feed